Friday 4 February 2011

Blog of the Week: When Parents Text

It's so easy to feel smug about being better at technology than your parents. After literally solely relying on them for a sizeable chunk of you life, there is perhaps a cruel feeling of satisfaction when you're only 11 and yet still get to haughtily instruct your dad how to attach a photo to an email. 

When Parents Text is a glorious example of when 'small keypads' and 'old hands' come together to hilarious effect.

My mum is convinced that making up her own type of text speak is totally acceptable, however much it doesn't make sense. 'W r u' doesn't mean 'where are you?' to anyone else except her; but mother knows best, right?

Times have changed, but parents never fail to amaze. 

Some of my favourites include:


MOM:You hurted my feelings {:>(.
ME:Why do you have such a large nose? and a unibrow?
MOM:The sadness has distorted my facial features.



ME:How was your cruise?
MOM:Crappy cruise…old people really old. I was at teh 21 table and one woman died at the roulette. Guess her number was up.



DAD:The good news is that I am just two days away from regaining my title as Mayor of Panera Bread…as long as that little bitch Matt keeps his skanky ass out of here.



No comments:

Post a Comment