Sunday 18 July 2010

Parisian Police





Succumb to French stereotypes by whipping on a beret on and heading to New Hero to party hard to epic tunes by our cousins across the channel.
Every Friday they'll be playing tunes from Justice and their fellow Ed Banger friends all the way to old classics from the likes of Air and Daft Punk.
Here's a little something to wet your appetite.

UFFIE - ADD SUV
I didn't used to like Uffie. Compared to other acts on Ed Banger she didn't shape up in my opinion. Then I heard super-Uffie-rip-off-merchant Ke$ha and I take all (or most of it) back. 
 

 AIR - SEXY BOY
'Le singe! C'est grand!' Which I am hoping roughly translates into 'The monkey! It's big!'. Is it wrong that this song reminds me of being about seven?


JUSTICE VS SIMIAN - WE ARE YOUR FRIENDS
I absolutely love Justice. They are one of the reasons I didn't think Uffie shaped up to Ed Banger's reputation, but then again not a lot shapes up to Justice. Therefore they get two videos on here just because I love them so much.

Justice "we are your friends" from Martial Schmeltz on Vimeo.
JUSTICE - STRESS
This song reminds me of La Haine, a '90s film about three friends struggling to live in the housing project of Paris. It was written, co-edited, and directed by Mathieu Kassovitz, who is the one Amelie falls in love with in the aptly titled film 'Amelie'. 

Stress from Oscar Marie on Vimeo.

SEBASTIEN TELLIER - DIVINE
Here's Sebastien at Eurovision 2008. Ah, good times. Beards, a beach ball and a golf cart. Performances don't get a lot better than this. The original video for this song is arguably better.

No comments:

Post a Comment