Monday 26 July 2010

The XX - Islands

They've been around for a while, and I though that I'd made my mind up on The XX. I didn't really get the hype.
When I first say this video I found it amazingly irritating. Then I found it interesting when I saw it a second time. Now this song keeps popping into my head... 


The video was directed by Saam Farahmand who filmed a documentary of the Soulwax 2006 tour 'Part of the Weekend Never Dies' as well as Simian Mobile Disco's video for Cruel Intentions, which was part of a short film . Oh, and Cherly Cole's '3 Words' video. It's good, but the less said about her the better probably.








The XX - Islands 

The XX 'Islands' - Director: Saam Farahmand from Tom Lindsay on Vimeo.


Simian Mobile Disco (feat Beth Ditto) - Cruel Intentions 



Here is the full short film.
http://blog.marxd.com/2010/01/dir-saam-farahmand-study-after-cruel.html

No comments:

Post a Comment